Friday, December 13, 2013

Advent Week 2
Hope For Those Who Are Weary

Friday, December 13
Hope for the Weary

Do you ever grow weary during the Christmas season? As soon as the Thanksgiving leftovers are placed in the fridge, the hustle and bustle begins. There’s shopping & wrapping, buying & baking, and Santa Claus letters to be making. From now until the 25th, there’s seldom a “Silent Night” & I can only dream about “sleeping in heavenly peace”.

Some days in my household we are so busy, we forget to open the doors of the advent calendar. How many times do I fail to open other doors during Christmas? Do I open my heart to those who have lost loved ones during the past year? Do I open my purse for those who may not have gifts beneath the tree? Do I open my mind to the fact that some Christians are persecuted because they worship the Prince of Peace?

As a Christian, I need to remember that I am meant to be a light for Christ in this world. Ican call a friend in need. I can give a gift to someone in need. I can pray for missionaries and military personnel who will celebrate Christmas, miles away from home.

Ephesians 5:8 states that “You are the light in the Lord. Live as children of light.” My prayer for you this Christmas is that you will take the time to be a light for the Christ child. Others are seeking the light of Christ. Will they find it in you and me?


Prayer:  Father God help me this day to stop during the rush of the Advent season and look foropen doors. Let us recognize the opportunities that we have to be a light for Christ. We thank you for the gift of eternal light that we were given in a manger, so many years ago. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment