Friday, December 13, 2013

Advent Week 2
Hope For Those Who Are Weary

Friday, December 13
Hope for the Weary

​Do you ever grow weary during the Christmas season? As soon as the Thanksgiving leftovers are placed in the fridge, the hustle and bustle begins. There’s shopping & wrapping, buying & baking, and Santa Claus letters to be making. From now until the 25th, there’s seldom a “Silent Night” & I can only dream about “sleeping in heavenly peace”.

​Some days in my household we are so busy, we forget to open the doors of the advent calendar. How many times do I fail to open other doors during Christmas? Do I open my heart to those who have lost loved ones during the past year? Do I open my purse for those who may not have gifts beneath the tree? Do I open my mind to the fact that some Christians are persecuted because they worship the Prince of Peace?

​As a Christian, I need to remember that I am meant to be a light for Christ in this world. Ican call a friend in need. I can give a gift to someone in need. I can pray for missionaries and military personnel who will celebrate Christmas, miles away from home.

​Ephesians 5:8 states that “You are the light in the Lord. Live as children of light.” My prayer for you this Christmas is that you will take the time to be a light for the Christ child. Others are seeking the light of Christ. Will they find it in you and me?


Prayer:  Father God help me this day to stop during the rush of the Advent season and look foropen doors. Let us recognize the opportunities that we have to be a light for Christ. We thank you for the gift of eternal light that we were given in a manger, so many years ago. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment